The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Good choice. There's nothing wrong with mix breed goats of course, but if you do want to register your kids I would wait for a purebred registry such as the NPGA to find a stud through. You should see a very noticeable difference in the buck previously mentioned and a purebred Pygmy.

I too would not settle for less than what I would truly want. He is a handsome buck, though I agree that he is not "pure pygmy", he definately has some , possibly ND in him along his lines because of his color pattern. As with ND registries, the agouti pattern commonly found in pygmies is not all that popular with Nigerian Dwarfs...some frown upon it. If you were closer I would offer Hank to you, though his maternal grandmother had a ND mother. He is to the standard pygmy in build, color and height as well as canon length, I sure have gottens some gorgeous kids from him, my Dolly was the only 100% pygmy I had, un registered and the 2 of them gave me absolute pygmy's!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.