The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked having kids in September/ October of last year so decided to breed 8 does for that time frame! My husband thinks I'm crazy because if they all take they will all be due within a 3 day time frame lol. I figured why not just get it over with. So here are our pairings for this year. They all have already gone in with the bucks and have been bred the past 3 days.
Flame is in Oregon being bred to MM7 Power Broker
FB_IMG_1585799402252.jpg
FB_IMG_1586153412831.jpg

All of these girls have been bred to our new buck
FB_IMG_1586807417627.jpg
FB_IMG_1586807314179.jpg
FB_IMG_1586807272394.jpg
FB_IMG_1586807253666.jpg
20200411_214302.jpg

Lace and Lucy who both had csections last year have gone in with Cash
20200413_125331.jpg

FB_IMG_1586807211524.jpg

FB_IMG_1586807629312.jpg

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and these 3 will be bred around June/July for November/December kids
Sassy who I don't have current pics of will be bred via Lap AI to JAD SRB Lucky's Blazin Quasar.
FB_IMG_1586967729381.jpg
FB_IMG_1586967818410.jpg

Sweetie and Justice will be bred to the new buck, Wild.
FB_IMG_1586967767824.jpg

FB_IMG_1586967663332.jpg

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Beautiful goats. Could I bother you with a question. Ive never had a doe with a c-section. Are there any warning signs you have to watch for? Are they like a human and have to continue with the c section each breeding? I would really appreciate the information . Thankyou in advance

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
@ALBoerGoats super exciting! What are you using to sync them all for the 3 days?

Beautiful goats. Could I bother you with a question. Ive never had a doe with a c-section. Are there any warning signs you have to watch for? Are they like a human and have to continue with the c section each breeding? I would really appreciate the information . Thankyou in advance
Woah! I gotta jump in here on the human side. The "once a c-section always a c-section" is NO LONGER TRUE for women! VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) is very very very possible!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!
So, these two were the first c-sections I have personally dealt with besides the terminal c-section I performed on a friends doe.
Lucy was a first timer and had a good size single doeling. She had been in labor but not progressing for about 6-12 hrs. I gloved up and checked her. Cervix was fully dilated but all I could feel on the other side was the cotelydens on the placenta. Vet came and confirmed that she had placenta previa. We had no choice but to do a c-section because delivery any other way would have killed them both. She accepted her baby.
Lace went into labor later in that same week. This was her third kidding. About a month and half out from kidding she had gotten stuck flat on her back and was in very bad shape when I found her. Foaming at the mouth and issues breathing. But she pulled through and we ultrasounded to make sure kids were still alive which they were. Her labor stalled exactly how Lucy's did. When I went in to check, I was elbow deep and hit a wall. It was not the cervix because I had already gone through that. Vet came out and confirmed she would need a c-section. There was no way we were getting that 275 lb pregnant doe up in her mobile surgical room. We ended up putting her on the goat stand in the garage, giving her a local and doing the c-section right there. Turned out she had triplets, polyhydramnios, and placenta previa. Only one of her kids ended up surviving after a few days and we made her a bottle baby. They were about 9 days premature.

Both does recovered nicely.

I did have a doe that I purchased that had a previous c-section and she kidded this year with twins. She needed some assistance dilating but ended up being fine. My vet says that they are perfectly capable of delivering vaginally after c-section.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Thankyou. So grateful your does did well after this. I cant imagine the shock of the first c section. Thankyou for taking the time & explaining this to.me. i really appreciate the education.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts