Her sister
And another aunt.

I cant find any pics of her mother, but her father was an all black buck

Attachments

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm taking her to my friend Kristina's house to have her AI'd, kristi knows all about it she's been doing it since 1978, and she is a judge. But she never uses a thaw jar, if she did she would have much higher rates. I have no clue why she never bought one! A lady who sells her kids at spotlight sales for tens of thousands of dollars, you'd think she could break out $150 for an auto thaw jar!

But even without doing it fancy way she has 50% success rates, even with straws that were stored over 20 years ago!
I'm thinking about buying her a jaw so I dont have to pay for more straws at $150 a straw!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm planning on AI'ing this fall myself but my vet is gonna have to do it since I've never done it and don't have the equipment. I'll just provide the "goods". I only have two does that I'm going to breed so I figure I buy 5 straws and use 3 on one and 2 on the other and I should be good, right??:shrug: I wish I knew how to do it.....maybe someday:sigh:

·
Registered
899 Posts
I took a class on AI'ing at the ADGA convention this past year. It was very informative and I am looking forward to trying it in the future. I can't wait to see what awesome kids you get out of Peeps!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That could work. Normally they only AI once, but sometimes they do it twice, at 12 hours apart. AI is a precise timing thing. Does are only in heat for so long. But by all means if you can get three straws in once that should definatley get her pregnant.

Sometimes vets will let you store the semem in their tanks. And you can use whenever you need. AI kits are about $150. They also sell videos on how to do it. But you should be able to do it once the vet shows you

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My vet is gonna let me use his tank and I figured I would use a more is better approach.......I only have two so I'm hoping that'll work. As long as I can catch them in heat or bring them into heat......we will see

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can also bring them in heat. If that is an option. But beings as you have 2, it might not be worth it financially.
You can also have him check them when you think that they are in heat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts