The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Brea and Frosty both went in to heat. I was to late of Frosty. Brea was in standing heat when I brought her to King, and I have a bit of a problem.....

He's waaay to big for them!! last year I was all "what if he isn't big enough?!". NOW I'm worrying that he's to big!! He's a good foot bigger then my does, and almost knocks 'em down when he mounts them! He also is sorta 'above' them-he can't get down low enough to reach!

Any ideas?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Well, not sure if this would work for a goat, but we tried this with one of our labs once... We put her on some concrete blocks to make her taller and then the male mounted and did the deed just fine. :)

Maybe you could try that with your goat too? Find something for her to stand on. You'd need a helper or two. Seems worth a try!

·
1,524 Posts
My Nubian buck successfully bred my tiny Nubian doe. The buck is HUGE, standing on his hind feet he is close to 7 feet tall, on all 4's his back comes up past my waist, and I'm 5'7". The doe was stunted and comes up just above my knees. He didn't even have to mount her, all 4 of his feet were pretty near on the ground. Both parties did fine and she had a set of gorgeous twins. She's being bred to the same buck again this fall, then I will be switching to Mini Nubians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts