breeding Q

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jan 6, 2010.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    soo..

will a doe still flag even after she's bred? A guy came over to breed his doe to my buck - buck mounted 4 times and she hunched on the 4th, buck stopped and went to lay down lol (hard work huh?) doe ate a bit and seemed great. when the guy came to pick her up, she did flag and wag her tail a bit when they left. so the Q is = will a doe still flag even after being inpreganated? never thought of it, usually just left the doe in with the buck for a few days. :whatgoat:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Was the doe only with the buck one day or less...?
    When a doe flags like that.... next time.. take her back to the buck...and put them together....to insure that she is or isn't in ....you will know right away ..... :wink:

If you are unsure ...ask the person... to bring back the doe ....the next day...to see.. if she is in.... you will know..... :wink: Or.. you can just hope the timing was right on...and re-check 18 to 21 days later... hopefully the person isn't to far away...
    Of course...leaving the doe and buck together.... until she shows no signs of interest .. is best.... to insure pregnancy will take place.... After they breed ...they both will take a break here and there...but she may still be in... Or she could of been bred just at the right time....
    ...Timing is crucial.....

Good luck... :hi5:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    until she actually settles she may flag for the buck.

Just because she is bred doesnt mean she instantly is settled -- egg has to be fertilized and attach to the uterus wall

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I breed all of my does on a leash. I let the buck breed the doe a couple times and then he goes back in his pen...... she will still flirt through the fence with the bucks until she comes out of heat. Some will even have a false heat 3 weeks later but all of mine have kidded within 144-150 days of their breeding date. :- ) Ais long as she hunched over after he bred her... I'd say there is a high likelihood that she is pregnant.

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah i knew they arent settled until eggg is fertilized. but will they act like theyre in heat until it attaches to the uterine wall. it takes time
    okay thanks she did hunch, usually I'll say out there until she hunches up. so.