The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kinder buck, and an oberhasli buckling. Come tomorrow I will have 2 kinder does, as I have 1 now will be picking up her sister tomorrow afternoon, and 2 Nubian/Lamancha does. I am wanting to run them together in the fall, but use coloring sticks for the bucks so I know who did who. Would the oberhasli buck try to breed the kinder does? If so then I will keep all the kinder clan together, and the bigger clan together, until I'm sure they are bred, and then put them all together. I would like them all together in the cold winter months, and I do have separate pens in the barn, so at least the can all be in 1 place at night:)

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
yes bucks will breed any doe in heat doesnt matter the breed. So you cant run two bucks with a herd of does as you wont know who the daddy is. Also you wont want your kinder does bred to an ober buck

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes bucks will breed any doe in heat doesnt matter the breed. So you cant run two bucks with a herd of does as you wont know who the daddy is. Also you wont want your kinder does bred to an ober buck
I thought so, but my family insisted differently. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts