The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay since Lyric is growing slow should I wait 'til next fall to breed her? What about Heidi, she is pretty normal sized I think or should I go ahead and wait for her as well?And I'm probably going to weigh them as soon as possible. Sorry but I heard that there could be complications if you wait too long and if you do it too soon, so I'd like some more experienced opinions on this before I decide. Thanks everyone!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,236 Posts
What I would do is weigh both of them.

If they are 80lbs or more then they are safe to breed. If not I say wait a couple more months and check say in December or January. You can still breed into February (depends when you want kids though) so you can give her a little more time if necessary but still have kids by her in the late spring.

If you weight to long yes they can put on to much weight which causes issues with conceiving OR even during pregnancy. Not always the case it just is a possibility. Same goes for being to young/small.

It is always good to get oppions. But in the end go with your gut on it ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a good idea, thanks Stacey! :D I didn't know you could breed until February, looks like I need to do some more research. :shock:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top