The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 9 year old boer buck and 5 nubian does. New to all this. Been trying to get the does bred. So far I haven't been ab le to catch them in the act. Shoildnt I be seeing some action if they were breeding? They seem ti me to be interested, but so far nothing.

· The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replys.....how much gunk? Ive seen where it looks like a slight amount of discharge. Is it normal to catch them breeding or not. He goes through all the actions according to what ive read. But I havent seen him mount them. They seem receptive but when he doesnt make the move...they end up walking away. I dont mind if they kid early.

· The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow...great idea. I thought there must be a way to tell. This morning he was much more aggressively trying to breed any one of them. More so than I've seen yet. But they would have no part of it. Because he's trying so aggressively does that mean they may be coming in? I only have him at my farm for a short time....so I wanted to make sure. He's been here for 3 weeks so far.

· The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had a stud horse for awhile and although more dangerous.....it was easy to tell when the mares were ready to breed. Hand bred and it was done. Just had to wonder if he got it done before ovulation.

· The Belle Farm
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well.....The buck has been with the does for 3 weeks....and I am excited to report that this evening I can say without a doubt that at least one of them has been bred. Saw the gunk!! This after watching and wondering I am now sure what I am seeing. Yay!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.