The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
5,939 Posts
I have a 9 year old boer buck and 5 nubian does. New to all this. Been trying to get the does bred. So far I haven't been ab le to catch them in the act. Shoildnt I be seeing some action if they were breeding? They seem ti me to be interested, but so far nothing.
As far as I can tell, bucks are apparently very shy and don't like servicing does when people can see them - no, I'm not being a smarty pants here. I can count on about 4 hands the number of times I've seen my bucks breed my does in the last 5 years but, funny thing is, they all kid come about 5 months later and usually finish within about 2-3 weeks after that - depending on the number of does. If you are very concerned, have your buck fertility tested prior to breeding season. Otherwise, I don't think I would worry about it unless, of course, your buck runs from your does when you put him in with them - then I would worry. I've actually had that happen, and that year was interesting. I had kids, but they didn't start arriving until about 7 months later. :confused: :rolleyes: :mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.