breeding stock prices

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by DRJ Ranch, Aug 13, 2010.

1. DRJ Ranch

DRJ Ranch New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Anderson, California
    What kind of prices are you guys seeing for breeding does in your area ?

seems like there 150 to 200 in my area, I only have 24 right now and I have alot of feed in the barn and I'm getting ready to cut again and nothing to do with it all.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wish I had that problem :)

what breed?

Boer does here are $400 + for registered
    Dairy is $250 +

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Depends on your breed and genetics - along with registries

4. DRJ Ranch

DRJ Ranch New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Anderson, California
    Boer goats, I'm kind of looking for just commerical does nothing fancy there not for show. The weather are just going to the slaughter house and I'll be keeping alot ofthe does.

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I watch craigslist to see what's going on there, and it seems the going price for unregistered does is $125-175, and registered does I've noticed hasn't been much more.

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yep... unregistered Boer does sell for about $150-$200 here too.

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    unregistered boers = $150-300

8. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    unregistered boers in NC $75-100 I sometimes buy 10-15 goats for $40-50 each but have to look around.

9. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Around my area unregistered does are going anywhere from 75-175....I have found alot of nice ones for only 125.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    $75 to $200 depending on age ... and ...if the animal if pregnant....ect.... :thumb:

11. DRJ Ranch

DRJ Ranch New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Anderson, California
    The only does I found for 75 to 120 had alot of dairy influence in the and I meen alot. I'm still looking might have to give you call Pam because I'm also looking for a quality buck.

12. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    I got my pygmy does between 45 and 60 dollars. I spent 60 dollars for my buck , but I bought him at a flea market. The larger does go for 80 to 150 dollars. Registered stock goes for a little more. From talking to people at the auction. They say the price goes down in the fall because people do not want feed them over winter.

I saw a boar buck (about 300 lbs) go for about 175 dollars at the local auction here in town. The auction here at the local stockyard does not even mention papers. The goat auction in Boaz Alabama does though. I had to work the Saturday my wife went...so I am not sure what the registered goats went for...she told me they were a little more expensive.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are right ...the dairy breeds here ....are less than the boers.....maybe put an add in craigslist and ask for the type of goat you are looking for....how many and price range...... you may get some bites ..... :)

This year....... we are sold out of bucks... :( ....but... if you are still looking... by say feb/march 2010....we should have the kids hitting the ground..... just let me know... :wink: :thumb:

14. DRJ Ranch

DRJ Ranch New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Anderson, California
    Yeah I have gotten some bites but nothing I liked so far might start looking down in texas and oklahoma.

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: good luck.... :thumb:

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah// for a buck..wait until Feb/March and get a nice one from pam ;) just my opinion!

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww....thank you Katrina.... :hug:

18. DRJ Ranch

DRJ Ranch New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Anderson, California
    Im defenitly going to go down and take alook she only 30 min from me. Hey pam you guys got any doe's for sale ?

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California