The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see how many does you guys are going to or have bred.

We have bred 40 does this year. They all took within days of each other. We are still waiting on one doe to settle. Other than that its all complete. We use 4 different bucks this year. We are very excited to see what we get!

So what about you guys???

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I have four this year.. I'm hoping we get one to settle.. She wouldn't last year :(

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Nine. One Boer, 2 Boer/Alpines and 6 Purebred Alpines!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
so far we have bred 4 does 2 driveway and 2 of our own. we have used all 4 bucks so it should be interesting. we have one of the does for sale she's a grade and a great milker but she has horns and dont want to risk our show does.we show too much to keep grades anymore. she is bred to our fanciest buck. so maybe she is worth a little more to grade breeders. the rest will wait until November. that's 10 more. we have 3 that we are going to show as dry yearlings.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I know I'm with a doubt breeding 4 does and so far 1 has already been bred. I'm still undecided on my two senior doelings though. One may not be big enough and the other I'm thinking over waiting till the buckling I'm buying is old enough to breed with her. Ah, decisions decisions.. ;) Good luck to everybody else!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I will be breeding four does this year three San Clements and one ND only one ff doe this year... I'm hoping for triplets on the ND her first year she had quads and her second a single id settle for a happy medium! :D

·
338 Posts
We were suppose to get two does bred this year. But unfortunately we found out they are not complete females, so I guess we are back to no bred does this year. I got these two does specifically to breed for new stock because our herd is getting too old. I must be the most unlucky goat farmer in the world. I won't go out and buy any lottery tickets!:eek:

·
Registered
200 Posts
We have 3 boer does to breed this year. We are using a new buck this year that was 6 months old when we put him in with the girls at the end of July. He seems to have done the job as none of them habe come back into heat since last month. Can't wait for the babies to start arriving in January!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
60 does due in January (wish me luck) and 11 more to go and 10 doelings that I'm holding off for a few more months. I'm very excited this year to see what I get. The one buck only bred a few girls last year and 2 new bucks I bought a few months back. Its gonna be like x-mass for me and I hope full of color :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My girls are still babies so we won't be breeding till summer and fall of 2014. So excited because our breeder has a buck for sale that is unrelated to my does. We will buy him in the spring! He will have babies on the ground in the spring to look at,too .yay!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish everyone the best of luck!! Crossing my fongafale for a heavy doe year for everyone!

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
I have 4 two of them are bred

1 - 20 of 36 Posts