Breeding through the fence

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Jenna, May 4, 2009.

1. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I was wondering about this.. does it actually happen? Or is it impossible?? :scratch: I was told that a buck can breed a doe through a fence quite easily. :shrug: Thanks for your thoughts in advance!!! :greengrin:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I haven't ever had it happen but I've heard of it happening. We keep the bucks totally away from our does.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I havnt had it happen but i have heard others say they have. I have a friend that had a buck try and he ripped apart his parts so bad on eht fence she had to put him down. I keep a chainlink fence with hotwire on both sides between my bucks and does.
    beth

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i've never had it happen...but like the others...i've heard of it!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I thought it happened -- but then the doe never kidded on the date she was separated for but kidded for a date that they were together -- well possibly a combo of both with a premie and full term. it was a strange circomstance.

The fact is they are determined buggers and I wouldnt pull it past them.

6. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Our last doe that kidded was an oopsie and was not supposed to be bred yet. We didn't put her in with any bucks so the only possible way it happened was through the fence. We had the buck next door not even thinking that they would do something like that. We got lucky and it was a buck I had planned on using when she was a little bigger anyway. She kidded perfectly fine with 2 very healthy kids thank goodness. Needless to say, the buck is now in another pen away from the girls LOL.

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    oh dear... I thought I clicked on "no" and it says I clicked on "yes", but NO i have never had it happen :greengrin:

8. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I hope it won't happen to my does!! Thanks for your opinions I value them greatly. :greengrin:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I personally never had it happen ....but... I have heard of it happening with other breeders.. :sigh:

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My bucks are in a diff barn, but I've heard of it happening.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My bucks share a fenceline with my does, never had it happen there, BUT whe Angel was 4 months old and Chief was 6 months old, he was out browsing with Hank and I saw him get her throughht the other side of the fence....I thot he was standing against the gate trying to get the bucket hanging on the post...when I saw my baby hunch up I KNEW what he was doing! IT IS possible if they are determined enough....and Angel delivewred a beautiful healthy little doe a week befre she turned a full 9 months old, all on her own too!

12. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks for all your thoughts!! :leap:

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    NP....glad we could help............. :wink: :greengrin: