Breeding

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Nov 3, 2008.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I plan on taking my doeling to be bred this weekend,are there any papers I need to get while I'm there/when I pick her up? Thanks :)

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I give a pedigree page for all the people that breed to my bucks. That way they have a history of the bucks family.
    Just so you know, I will NOT let anyone keep their halters, collars or leads at my place. It is way to easy for them to be lost.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is this a registered breeding? I would ask for a service memo. Are you going to be leaving your girl or is this a driveway call?

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You'll need a service memo after the breeding (when you pick up) if this is a "registered breeding". I think that's pretty much all. The buck owner may have you sign a breeding contract (what we do). Hope everything goes well!! :)

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

i hear you with things getting lost!
    but i do require any does coming to the property for breedings to have a collar on. i do breeding memo's and if necessary a contract. i've also had does come for a month, and some come for an hour. owners choice. but different fees

6. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    The buck is registererd, (Strawberry Fields Blade Runner) and my doe is a grade. I would like to be able to register her doelings. She's being boarding there until she's bred. ( driveway would be better but I only have one sure date she was in heat and that was in July,so don't think it'd help to track it from that one or could that work?)

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You'll need a service memo then, if he's registered.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If you are leaving her there - make sure that you have something signed by both as to what is to happen in case of an emergency, just in case. What would you have to cover as far as expenses if something happens to her while in their care.

Also what the total cost is for the breeding including board.

I hate to say it - but I have been "screwed" and I have learned to get everything in writing just on the off chance that something goes arye!

9. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Service memo if that was in the agreement. You always need to make sure that you will recieve one if you are wanting one.

IF I were to allow outside does to breed to my bucks, if they wanted service memos they would get that and a reciept (sp?)

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, it's probably best to just leave her there. . . .

Our contract states that all reasonable care will be taken but the buck owner is NOT responsible for accidental death, illness, or injury of the doe. The doe(s) will be cared for as all of our animals are (very well!) but we are still not responsible. If you taking her to a good, responsible breeder then your girl should be just fine.

11. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    I need the service memo to send in for applications right? Would the kids be 50% Recorded Grade Alpines then?

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yes, you will need the service memos to register, send it in along with the registration applications for any kids. Not sure on the other question, I only work with Nigerians. . . .

13. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok. :) Hmm,I want a Nigi to. lol Can't get one though.