The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

would like some advice i have 3 boer does all around the same age that i placed 2 in with my new buck in October and the 3rd doe i bought in november after she went in heat a few days before so i know she didnt cycle until beg of December. 2/3 showed very little to no signs of being pregnant and one did and recently had a small amount of blood dishcarge on her tail but nothing after that. Its almost june and im a first timer at breeding was looking for some advice on what i could be doing wrong

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,206 Posts
Hi Mayster. I dont know about doing anything wrong. I put my bucks in for 3 months. That give him at least 3 times to get it right. Also, the health of your Buck & does plays s good part. Are their body scores a 3? Hows their famacha score? Do they receive free choice minerals? Can you put thier pictures up, so we can see them? Maybe all of us could see something that might help you out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How old is the buck? Is he proven? What do you feed? What supplements do you give?
The buck was born in February before the october i put them in with. Purchased from a proven breeder. I feed a barley based 16 percent feed and i use botg
Manna pro goat minerals and then the manna pro goat treets/probiotics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mayster. I dont know about doing anything wrong. I put my bucks in for 3 months. That give him at least 3 times to get it right. Also, the health of your Buck & does plays s good part. Are their body scores a 3? Hows their famacha score? Do they receive free choice minerals? Can you put thier pictures up, so we can see them? Maybe all of us could see something that might help you out?
The buck is very healthy looking i will try to get picture of tomorrow and all does. I keep a minersl block available in the pasture and then manna pro goat minerals in their pen every night. I have wormed them on a good schedule and havent had any issues with that all their eye lids are pink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are my 3 does and my buck before i let them out this morning. All 3 eating good and everything seem healthy to my knowledge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
6,206 Posts
Did you see the coverage by the buck? Not all does when they are FFs,will allow the buck .sometimes it takes more than 1 heat cycle to join.
I dont use blocks, my gosts wont touch them. I use 18% protien, with calcium/potassium 2:1 ratio. All my goats have either free range pasture,or hay. I only give alfalfa pellets to my does. Alfalfa has estrogen..alot is not good for bucks.
Your does look good. Im guessing they just were not with the buck long enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you see the coverage by the buck? Not all does when they are FFs,will allow the buck .sometimes it takes more than 1 heat cycle to join.
I dont use blocks, my gosts wont touch them. I use 18% protien, with calcium/potassium 2:1 ratio. All my goats have either free range pasture,or hay. I only give alfalfa pellets to my does. Alfalfa has estrogen..alot is not good for bucks.
I do also use the manna pro loose mineral free choice in their pens they dont have access during the day but do all evening until morning i have them in with a mini donkey for protection and he loves it and will eat all of it and i dont think the high
Copper levels are good for them. The 2 that are together were with him from october to February and the other was from November to march.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did see him chasing them and could tell when they were in heat but they would run some I may try later when i see it putting them in a smaller pen i had them in a large area but im still open to any suggestions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts