Breedings have begun!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Sep 30, 2009.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Since I saw Bailey flagging like crazy tonite....I went out in my jammies with a spotlight in my hand to introduce her to Hank, I had gotten Bailey specifically so Hank would be used here. After 2 years of celibacy Hank the Crank acted true to his nickname.. but was polite enough to romance her first :love: They'll get more time together tomorrow.

Bailey will be 2 years old in March and weighs 48# so I am confident that my first FF since 08 will be just fine as a new momma.

Projected due date at day 145 for her would be February 23, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Bailey has wattles....so we'll see if she gives those to her kids.
    [​IMG]

Angel is in flagging heat as well but I think she'll be waiting til her next heat and be bred around the 20th with Teddy.
    Binky will be next in line and be bred with Chief next week.

As much as I should have the 3 girls deliver close together for work related reasons, I'd rather not do that to myself....Binky and Angel went within a day of each other this past March.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I am so happy Hank got to do some romancing with a nice end result for him :)

they should make some cute babies :D

3. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hey congrats on the breeding. I have two does that I bred last week that will be due around the same time as yours. They are due the 17th, and 18th of Feb. So we can be on baby watch together. Good luck on your other breedings, and so glad Hank got to have alittle romance. lol

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Baileys dam has a really nice udder for a cross girl, so I really hope that Bailey turns out to be as good a milker as Bootsie and even Tilly was good when she was in milk.....now, the question we all ask, wonder what these kids will look like? Baileys dad was a grey agouti pygmy and her mom was a light carmel marked nigi/pygmy.....Hanks dad was as black as he is and his mom a medium grey agouti.

WGF.....It will be great to have a buddy to be :hair: with!!! Happy kiddings to you too :hug:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, you have just started and I have been done for a while, we bred them all in August.

I will have all Jan babies if I am lucky.

He is a very handsome boy.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Ha! I guess I know who I can complain to! I have 1 in January, 2 in Febuary, and still have 2 to breed for March! :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair: :hair:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOL...Yep, Since Bailey is a FF I wanted her to have my full attention so I am hoping to have a week between her and the other 2 girls :wink:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Liz...next spring 4 out of 5 of mine will be FF!!!! And I have 2 due at exactly the same time! :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Tara....U R NUTS!!!! You'll be bald before all those kids arrive! :hair:

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I know!!! What was I thinking??

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You weren't :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I know!!! I am going to be a :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: !! :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

I still have 2 due this year! :hair: :hair: I am ready for little babies to play with!

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Tara....don'tcha know that too much :coffee2: :coffee: will stunt your growth? :ROFL:

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Good point...maybe just Sunkist for me... :slapfloor: :slapfloor: :slapfloor:

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: :slapfloor:

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    And chocolate!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Now THAT would be frightening!

17. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Tara you have 4 out 5 FF. I have 4 out of 6 FF. I have one due this year that is a FF then I will be breeding one FF this month, then two in Nov. All these FF got me nervous. But with some of this :coffee: :coffee: and all my good friends I've made on here I should be okay I hope. But Im sure I will be like this :hair: before its over with.

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, you will be bald and jumpy like the rest of us that indulge in way too much :coffee2: and :hair: !!

19. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Liz, that is wonderful. good for Hank..he must have had the love bug bite him lol..... :love:

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The love bug as well as the competition from the 2 younger bucks!! Poor guy wasn't left alone when he went back to his pen, Chief was all over him! This will be the first time that ALL 3 of my boys "get some" :ROFL: