Breedng to an outside buck

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Oct 3, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ok...how's this work with registration? Both my doe and the buck in question are AGS and NDGA registered...obviously the kids would have my herd name right?

And I would need a service memo for the outside buck so the kids can be registered ...right?

Anything else I need to do?

:hair: :?

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Nope, that's all I can think of that you will need. Does the breeder have a breeding contract?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, and yes, the kids will have your herdname. Which buck are u using? I guess I could just check your site. . . . :)

4. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    They will have your prefix, and you will be listed as the breeder-yes you need a service memo for the buck- If they are bred to the same buck around the same time-it can be listed on the same service paper with the date being bred spanning about a month to cover it. say from 10/10/08-11/10/08- Just make sure the service memo is filled out right- we have went to register some of our kids that we bought the dams bred and the service dates were off by 2 weeks, tracking down the bucks owner-especially out of our state is a pain. Good luck