The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Briawell6293
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have potentially 3 does in kid. 1 is certain and she has an exact due date, one has an exact due date but doesn't look pregnant enough yet and one I don't have a exact due date but she looks pregnant Please feel free to guess if they are pregnant, how many and boys or girls!!
BRIAWELL GRACE- 4 year old doe will be her 4th kidding. Her last baby is now over a year old and grace is due late August (will get the exact date when my computer is working)
She is the one I am just not sure if she is pregnant as she doesn't have much of an udder yet. She has always had a single doe kid each kidding.
IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

Next is BRIAWELL PHOEBE- this is her 4th kidding also and she is also 4 years old. She is the one I didn't think was pregnant at all as I never saw her in heat. I let the buck in a day here and there when others were in heat so guessing she fooled me and got in kid then she would be due in 6-8 weeks at a guess
IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5222.jpg

Lastly is my little FF STONEY CREEK ABOVE THE CLOUDS (Callie)- she is almost 2 years old and I'm am positive she is in kid and I have her exact breeding dates. She is also due late August so 6 weeks to go.
IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

I will be trimming around Their tails and back legs soon to be able to keep a close eye on them too!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Happy kidding! No guessing from me, too much like gambling and I never win. lol

·
Briawell6293
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another quick question. I have just ordered copper bolus. The only size we can get here is 2.5g which treats 27.5 pound (12.5kg) if I work it off 4g treats 44 pounds (just under 20kg) With my 3 pregnant girls. Should I wait until they kid to treat them? Or can I treat them once the bolus turns up in the next week

·
Briawell6293
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Phoebe (flea) I was guessing would be due from about last Saturday. On the Sunday a doe I sold kidded to the buck I think phoebe is in kid to and flea had that broken tail look Saturday but still ligaments. Well all week they have been getting softer and softer but it’s now a week later and still no babies! I had to go away for 1 night for work and I have someone caring for them and checking her at least 3 times a day and I made sure they knew where the towels and baby coats were as of course for the next week there is an extreme cold snap with high winds and rain which started Thursday night. Flea has 2 big sheds to choose from to kid in but she is still quite content just being her...

·
Briawell6293
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the other 2 have kidded now. Grace kidded at 4pm on Thursday afternoon (again perfect because I finish work at 3.30 and home by 3.45pm) she had a single boy (pictures)
Then today just now Callie gave birth to twins one boy and one girl! It’s like she waited for me to get home as I had to be out today from 7-4pm and she kidded at 6.30pm. Callie is my first timer and she is being perfect. Cleaned them both up straight away and standing perfectly still for them to feed! Just waiting on her to pass the afterbirth now which is almost out. Her twins are about 1/2 the size of the 3 other kids!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Congratulations! Phoebe taught them well!

Reactions: Iluvlilly!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts