Brick... is a brick.

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by ZipperDoo, May 3, 2010.

1. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    The chest on this goat is just.... amazing to me. o_O

[​IMG]

I will be getting some good profile pics of him at some point to share. His withers (are they called that on a goat?) are set a little lower than his hips, which to me looks funny, but he is just SOLID.

Here's a random vid I took today when the rain and hail blew their hut over and they had to be in the kitchen for an hour while we fixed it.

[​IMG]

Pardon the mess. They are goats. ~.~'

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    definitely some Boer in there!
    looks great :)

3. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, he is absolutely half boer. Kept his cute little lamancha ears though which is nice.

I'm debating whether to (as originally intended) make a meat goat of him, or sell him to a better purpose(carting/packing). He's a little skittish, but I'm the first human to ever handle him, and he's settling down rapidly. Especially now that he's off mom.

So I dunno. Anyone have any input on that?

Also... If I did opt to sell him, how on earth should I price him? I got him free with the purchase of his mom, sooo... :shrug:

4. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Wow! :shocked:
    What a perfect name for that cutie!
    -Tina

5. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Isn't it? That was the first thing out of my mouth when I saw him. "What a little BRICK!" So. It stuck. :)

6. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wonderful kitchen pic-shows sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do with goats around and nasty weather. Love the name Brick. :thumb:

7. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    No kidding! (No pun intended)

It was literally raining sideways that day with HUGE wind gusts that straight took down their shelter (walter jumping on it like a trampoline didn't exactly prevent this from happening, either...)

I couldn't fix it at the time because of the weather so... stinky butt goats came inside, and got to poop and pee all over my kitchen until the weather subsided.

But hey, I love them, so... there is that. :)

8. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Aw! I would price him low, if you want a good home. $65ish seems reasonable, & if he doesn't sell simply lower the price, or send him to slaughter. :)