The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have this 12 days old baby goat whose been having bright-green soft stool for 2 days now. All her legs went cold and limp when she was 9 days old and it seems like her joints are swollen. This is my first time having a goat and I do not know what to do. Her mom doesn't produce much milk so I have given her foster milk instead. Her mucosa is pale and her breathing is labored. She is in pain whenever I try to move her or massage her (even lifting her tail hurts her). I am very far from a vet and I do not know what to do. Any advices out there?

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Hi, welcome to TGS,
I’m sorry your baby isn’t well. I’m not sure what medications are available in the Philippines. It sounds like you have more than one issue going on. I’m going to ask a lot of questions..sorry but since we’re not there, it’s our seeing through your eyes.
What is her temperature?
You say her mucosa is pale, is it on her lower inner eye lid or did you check her gums?
The pain in her joints can be joint ill, when she was born did you dip her umbilical cord in iodine right away?
Was she a breech birth (came out back end first)?
Is the “foster milk“ another goats milk, powdered milk or whole cows milk?
What have you given her medication wise already, how much and how often.
Can you post pictures of her?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, welcome to TGS,
I'm sorry your baby isn't well. I'm not sure what medications are available in the Philippines. It sounds like you have more than one issue going on. I'm going to ask a lot of questions..sorry but since we're not there, it's our seeing through your eyes.
What is her temperature?
You say her mucosa is pale, is it on her lower inner eye lid or did you check her gums?
The pain in her joints can be joint ill, when she was born did you dip her umbilical cord in iodine right away?
Was she a breech birth (came out back end first)?
Is the "foster milk" another goats milk, powdered milk or whole cows milk?
What have you given her medication wise already, how much and how often.
Can you post pictures of her?
Hello, thank you for responding, unfortunately, my baby goat passed away :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.