Brigitte's Twins!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by TexasRanger, Oct 12, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    This is kinda late, my camera decided it didn't want to download the pics, so I had to get them with my phone this morning. Yesterday afternoon she had :kidred: :kidred: with no complications. I went outside after I heard a horrible scream to discover she had kidded and a couple minutes later she had the other one. They're Ari (R-EE) (Artemis) and Athena. You can't see them in the pic, but Ari has waddles! Since she was preggo when I bought her, I have no idea who the father is. Athena does kinda have a pygmy head.

[​IMG]
    Ari
    [​IMG]
    Athena

2. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    So cute! And yay for girls :)

:stars: :wahoo: :stars:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    They are adorable - congrats!!!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    AWWW, Congratulations, they are adorable.

So glad it was a easy delivery. Walking out and finding happy healthy babies is the best.

5. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    congratulations!!! they are too adorable for words!

6. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    This is the first time I actually got to see one come out. :cool: What breed(s) have waddles? I'm trying to figure out what the buck could of been.

7. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm thinking about keeping Ari, I just love her personality and color. Also, what would you call their color/pattern?

8. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Congrats! Those girls are super cute! I know Nigis have wattles, not sure what other breeds, though :)

If you're super curious, you could ask the person you bought her from about daddy?

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big congrats ........what cuties.... :love: :greengrin: :thumb:

10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    They are precious! :) Congrats!!! I think A LOT of breeds have wattles, of the mini breeds.... fainters, pygmys, nigies..... all can have them.

11. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

CONGRATS!!!

Better watch Ari....She might dissapear lol....LOVE WATTLES!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Really any goat can have them. I have only seen a few Cashmere have them, and then I got two. I love them. They are also known as goat jewlery :leap:

13. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Her old owner probably doesn't know either. She was kept in a pen with a few other goats: a pygmy, her son, a fainting wether and another huge goat. The lady basically had them in her backyard and was feeding them cat food. :veryangry:

14. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Whats weird is, she doesn't have them and neither did any of the goats at her previous home.

15. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Love the colors and I am jealous you got a doe with wattles! Super cute girls we might need to do a trade off I really like the darker one :wink:

16. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Where in Southeast TX are you? I'm near San Antonio. I really want to place Athena in a home where I can talk to the new owner. :pray: She's the first goat I actually got to see being born, so she's a little special to me.

17. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    We are way over from you.About 5 hours we are the last town you get to before you enter louisiana.Orange,Texas

18. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Aww... a what a bunch of sweeties!