Brigitte's Udder

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TexasRanger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Last week I was finally able to touch/pet her sides, after two months of trying. :cool: When I pulled back the little curtain of hair obscuring her udder, I discover she has.........a double teat. :angry: I think that's what its called when you have a teat coming out of the side of a teat. :oops: I am not a dairy person, so my knowledge of teats is limited to "do they function or not?". She also came preggo from the lady's pygmy.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It depends. Some do work but most do not.

If you are not swhowing then it is reall not a problem.

When you have to worry is when it is totally off kind of by itself and then you have to worry about a baby trying to use it and it not function. Some babies will not nurse off that side because it feels so different. I would not worry to much about it.

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you! I'm not showing her, since we are really not sure she is a pure MSFG. The lady told me she had had a kid before, so I'm not worried about that.

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Multiple teats are allowed in Miniature Silky fainters. They are NOT however preferred in standard fainters. So she can be registered and shown with the MSFGA

5. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I probably won't register her. I don't have the $ to show and she doesn't have the temperament for it.