The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a showing herd of registered NDs. A couple of my does live at a sister farm some miles away and are co owned by a friend. The farm's owner wants to bring in several LaMancha wethers for brush management. One of these wethers, who are being sold as a set, has a dam who tested positive for CAE a year after she had him. His full sister tested negative for CAE a few months ago. He has not been tested, as he is not breeding stock.
Knowing that this wether could test positive at some point, is their a reason he can't be penned with my does? Who feels that this is very risky, and who feels it is not risky. We will view these wethers today (I have met them and the dam several times) and make a decision.
I know their owner well. She takes good care of them and is conscientious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,052 Posts
I personally would be comfortable with a CAE + whether. The chances of him spreading CAE is really low.

Others would say why take any risk at all if you can help it?
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top