Broken Horn's Twins -baby pics

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by jodief100, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jodief100

jodief100 New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Broken Horn broke out of the kidding pen two days ago. I checked her ligs, still there. I left her out since she didn't want to be in there.

Thsi morning I noticed her udder had grown a lot in the past few days, she had a little discharge. Her ligs were soft, but still there. Her sisters did this for DAYS! I decided she could go out in the pasture this afternoon and enjoy the warn spell (40 degrees WHO HOO!) and I will put her back in the pen tonight.

When I went back up to the barn an hour later to let everyone out into the pasture.... Two little boys.

[​IMG]
    9# boy
    [​IMG]
    8# boy

Mom and kids are doing well. Mom is eating, babies are nursing.

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

congrats on the little boys.

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww they are cute! Congrats! Lots of nice surprises on the forum this week!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS X 2!!! What a wonderful surprise...healtthy babies and a happy mom :leap:

5. ()relics

()relics New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Indiana
    Nice looking twins...More Bokis?

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Too cute...congrats.... :thumb:

7. jodief100

jodief100 New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Yes, more BoKis. They were up and eating within 15 minutes. They were bouncing around the pen today. Good, healthy baby boys.

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    That's very cool, the kids look great, and she did it behind your back. Good for her.

Jan

9. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    :clap: Congratulations! :clap:

10. ()relics

()relics New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Indiana
    You know I am currently running an experiment on this whole boki vs boer thing. Someone, you know, GAVE me a boki buckling, soon to be wether, to raise with my show prospect boer wethers. It is too soon to have a final opinion but I do have an early prediction, which I will keep to myself...because you shouldn't look a gift horse or boki in the mouth.

11. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    I've heard that about the Bokis, up and on their feet much quicker than full boer. They are gorgeous! Congratulations on your two boys.

12. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Congratulations! They look very cute - and hungry! LOL