The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question about a good goat browse. What is something they love and I can buy seeds for? I have heard roses but I don't want to pay for that. Any suggestions ? I would like some thing that would grow in a pasture and in the woods. Thanks in advance.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
You might look into planting an herbal ley, or even formulating your own. An herbal ley contains a variety of nutritious plants and healthy herbs. Someday I'm going to do it!

·
5,018 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the two links you posted. thanks ! But i live in southwest Missouri, so when should I plant the seed? It didn't say on the website.

·
5,018 Posts
I don't know. :confused: With alfalfa, I think it depends on which area of the country you are in. You might try Googling when to plant the individual "ingredients". Then go with the season most of them are planted in.
I've called Countryside Organics before, and they have good customer service. They could probably tell you when to plant their mixture.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I looked at the two links you posted. thanks ! But i live in southwest Missouri, so when should I plant the seed? It didn't say on the website.
You could check with your local extension office. They should be able to tell you when to plant.

·
4,499 Posts
Great stuff, milkmade! I've wanted to look into exactly that but didn't know that it had a 'name'... Thanks for the info / references!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts