Browsing Frenzy, HA!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nancy d, Aug 8, 2009.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    About a month ago we put in a 6 ft gate that opens into tons of blackberry, alder & other stuff.
    Do they go up there? Sure, if I lead them up and stay with them. Otherwise they follow me back out.
    Today we put another 6 ft gate on the opposite side to make it easier to haul a wheelbarrow out.
    Soon as Bob took out that section of fence to install the gate they went for the browse out that hole. Silly goats.
    Then they venture further into the human yard. I take off my outer shirt & wave it around going "PSHHT PSHHT", the supposed command to get moving.
    The shirt didnt faze them at all. But they did lumber back. For awhile.
    It was more fun for them to keep me busy by sneaking through that yard & try to push a different gate open which had somehow been left unlatched. Joy of joys this was the buck pen.
    Thankfully I got Miss B out before anyone noticed.
    While helping Bob put tools back in the garage I noticed a few berries. Little X Bottle Baby had followed him in there.
    This little booger will follow anyone anywhere, she has no fear of roads or anything else.
    On occasion Bob lets Sissy out to wander around, which is against Nan's Law & I dont care what goat it is.
    (but on the same token she will follow anybody back to where she belongs)

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have a bountiful hillside filled with trees and brambles...a goats buffet, but like yours......mine would rather be where they shouldn't!!

3. lol, ditto. A whole hillside overgrowing with all kinds of delicious things to munch on and they head straight for our yard. We have a motion-detector sprinkler we use to scare away the deer and it (kind of) works on the goats. Plus I have a border collie :) He LOVES to help me keep them out of the yard

[​IMG]

4. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Alec if that's your back yard I've had it Im finished!

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    LOL! Mine have 20 acres of yummy trees, bushes, and weeds, yet they'd rather wander into the pole barn and eat cardboard and newspaper. It's the nature of the beast, I suppose.... :shrug:

6. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Heehee FunnyRiver, guess it beats shredding!!

7. lol I wish! this is from a vacation this year to lake michigan (it was GORGEOUS!!!). I live in Berkeley Co, WV

8. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Where on Lake Michigan did you go??