The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that time of year again...........dig out the space heaters!

sitting while on my computer makes me so cold! So last year at the end of the season I bought a space heater and boy what a difference it made!

Anybody else do this?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hmm... it is getting cold! My goat's water was frozen today and yesterday :horse: and there was frost all over the ground :hug: I always have a big fleece blanket my gramma made for me while I'm at the computer... it's so cold otherwise :shades:

(sorry for the random smilies, I just like using them :cool: )

·
Registered
167 Posts
StaceyRoop said:
sitting while on my computer makes me so cold!
Hey, Stacey!
It sounds as if you really ARE in the "Chatter Box"! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW, I am sorry. It has been in the high 70 the last three days. It is a lot different then last year.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
stay cold, lol We don't have the heat on very high in the house when it's cold, we just put on extra clothes. I like it cold though, at least you can put more clothes on, when it's hot, you can only take so much off :shock: :wink:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hardly ever get hot so the heat isn't an issue for me, I hate bundling up though!! and breaking ice in buckets and and and ..........I could go on and on why I dislike winter.....

but being in a bad mood isn't a good time to talk about winter.

Ok trying to snap out of this, going to eat dinner, play wiht goaties and and oh probably end up back on here to see if I can find more barn plans................................ :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Naw...that's why I have three cats...one for my feet, one for my lap, and one for my chest\lap, and one for my legs... :ROFL: I just turn up the heat a bit while I am awake, then turn it back down when I go to bed, cause we like it cool, when we sleep; so we can cozy up under a nest of blankets! So far though, we haven't even turned our heat on; don't even know if our landlord has it on...hmm...may have to check on that! :?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the space heater for the first time I think it was Friday. Boy it helped!

my cat isn't a cuddling cat so no warm from her. Plus she is an out doors cat - until it gets really cold and then she comes in at night. But being outdoors for most of her life she hates being cooped up at night which is what we have to do when she comes in at night - or she sleeps under my dad's bed and makes him sick in the morning.

Hmm I should think about giving her free roam of my room at night - now that my sister is married I can have her in my room (sis was allergic to her as well).

I also have a heated mattress pad, I am using that as well at night.

My sister who use to be SO COLD all the time now has no issues because she has a hubby----- guys radiate heat it seems.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I thought we were in for a very early winter here too- rain, rain, rain. Then the wind changed to the southwest and it was 80-90 degress for the last 5 days..............
Our weather depends on which direction the wind blows- from the north, cold and wet- from Hawaii, warm and wet and from the southeast, warm and dry.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL!!!

actually I have the same thing to - but I am right handed and the wall is on the left - bummer!

if I use a book - hmm that might be an idea!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Yep, I tease my husband all the time about being a "space heater" Sucks in the summer time though.
Ha Ha...I thot I was the only one with a personal furnace....wish I had body heat like my hubby when I'm sitting in the shed with a laboring doe in February!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts