BRRR it's cold

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 30, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that time of year again...........dig out the space heaters!

sitting while on my computer makes me so cold! So last year at the end of the season I bought a space heater and boy what a difference it made!

Anybody else do this?

2. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Hmm... it is getting cold! My goat's water was frozen today and yesterday :horse: and there was frost all over the ground :hug: I always have a big fleece blanket my gramma made for me while I'm at the computer... it's so cold otherwise :shades:

(sorry for the random smilies, I just like using them :cool: )

3. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    Hey, Stacey!
    It sounds as if you really ARE in the "Chatter Box"! :ROFL:

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    GOOD ONE sungoats!!

Emily that :leap: was to :hug: funny!

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I am sorry. It has been in the high 70 the last three days. It is a lot different then last year.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well we had our first frost last night so that means Indian summer is on its way :D

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i wrap up in a blanket at my computor to. i thought when i moved south i wouldn't be cold again but the last 2 nights have been in the 30's here. still warmer than when i was in maine :laugh:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    stay cold, lol We don't have the heat on very high in the house when it's cold, we just put on extra clothes. I like it cold though, at least you can put more clothes on, when it's hot, you can only take so much off :shock: :wink:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hardly ever get hot so the heat isn't an issue for me, I hate bundling up though!! and breaking ice in buckets and and and ..........I could go on and on why I dislike winter.....

but being in a bad mood isn't a good time to talk about winter.

Ok trying to snap out of this, going to eat dinner, play wiht goaties and and oh probably end up back on here to see if I can find more barn plans................................ :D

10. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Naw...that's why I have three cats...one for my feet, one for my lap, and one for my chest\lap, and one for my legs... :ROFL: I just turn up the heat a bit while I am awake, then turn it back down when I go to bed, cause we like it cool, when we sleep; so we can cozy up under a nest of blankets! So far though, we haven't even turned our heat on; don't even know if our landlord has it on...hmm...may have to check on that! :?

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I used the space heater for the first time I think it was Friday. Boy it helped!

my cat isn't a cuddling cat so no warm from her. Plus she is an out doors cat - until it gets really cold and then she comes in at night. But being outdoors for most of her life she hates being cooped up at night which is what we have to do when she comes in at night - or she sleeps under my dad's bed and makes him sick in the morning.

Hmm I should think about giving her free roam of my room at night - now that my sister is married I can have her in my room (sis was allergic to her as well).

I also have a heated mattress pad, I am using that as well at night.

My sister who use to be SO COLD all the time now has no issues because she has a hubby----- guys radiate heat it seems.

12. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    I'm glad I have a laptop, I just hop into bed! All nice and cozy there. The heated water bed, the boyfriend, and the cats definitely help!

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hate to use the touch pad or I would do that more often!

14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I thought we were in for a very early winter here too- rain, rain, rain. Then the wind changed to the southwest and it was 80-90 degress for the last 5 days..............
    Our weather depends on which direction the wind blows- from the north, cold and wet- from Hawaii, warm and wet and from the southeast, warm and dry.

15. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    I have a USB wireless mouse. I plug in a port to the USB drive and viola- no touch pad! I run it up and down the wall haha. Glad I sleep on the inside.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    LOL!!!

actually I have the same thing to - but I am right handed and the wall is on the left - bummer!

if I use a book - hmm that might be an idea!

17. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Yep, I tease my husband all the time about being a "space heater" Sucks in the summer time though.

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ha Ha...I thot I was the only one with a personal furnace....wish I had body heat like my hubby when I'm sitting in the shed with a laboring doe in February!!!

19. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Yep it is pretty cool. We had a heatwave today, it got up to 78 here and it is supposed to get down to 35 tomorrow night! Burrrrrrrrr