The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that when I first brought my kids home and tried brushing them, they thought I was crazy! Tonight was a completely different story! When I sat down to brush them they basically lined up wanting their turn! They completely acted like I sedated them! They stood motionless with their eyes slowly closing. Maybe it was because they really enjoy it or just because it hasn't stopped raining in 2 days and they liked the individual attention. But either way, it sure did make me smile!!:D:D:D:D

·
14,802 Posts
Sounds like they really enjoy it! My kids goats LOVE to be brushed. In the evening I usually brush them while the kids are finishing up feeding/watering/giving hay. We have a 5mo doe and a 7 week old bottle baby in a stall together, they are best friends & the 5mo 'mothers' her little buddy, it's adorable.
Anyway, this evening I started brushing the bottle baby first, and the older doe came over and tried to put herself between us and kept her nose on the brush and kept looking at it 'expectantly' lol It's like that all the time with these goaties, always makes me smile :) I love how they'll be munching away, then you start brushing and they stand still like statues until you stop.
Once, when I was brushing my daughter's yearling, she laid down and fell asleep...LOL

·
558 Posts
How sweet. I think maybe I should try the brushing thing. Sounds like its relaxing for them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts