Colorado Buck Anti Mating Aprons

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by Junipurr, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Hello everyone, I make and sell Buck Aprons. I have designed a very effective apron that has worked well for me and those I have sold to. I have tested it out for 2 years with no accidents. It's also wonderful at preventing urine scald. I haven't had to wash my bucks legs at all. I make them out of a very tough and flexible water resistant Nylon.

Small: $25
    Medium: $30
    Large: $35

I am currently working on an xsmall for Nigerians. So email with measurements on the website.

Free Shipping in the US and Canada for a limited time as a promotion.

House of Bacchus Pet Supplies

Trees of Life and Madgoat like this.
  2. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    Hi! Good for you for making this wonderful thing available! I can vouch for the effectiveness of buck aprons, that is IF they stay on! That has been the problem with my home made ones! I'm going to order one of yours as soon as I get home from vacation & can measure my buck.

3. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Well thank you Cathatrina. I know what you mean by IF. I have made many different kinds in the past, but I went back to the beginning and stopped over thinking it. Simple has won with less complicated contraptions to hold it on the goat. One strap....yes, ONE strap.

June

Trees of Life likes this.
  4. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Do you have a picture of a buck wearing one? I'm a very visual person, and that would help me decide if I want to try this. Thanks.

5. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    No problem. There are a lot of pictures and youtube video on the website, but I'll upload one of my big guy Bacchus. I took this yesterday. And a randy little boy. Despite how tight it appears, it is actually quite loose and centers itself as the goat moves.

Attached Files:

6. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    I so want to get 3 of these for my 3 bucks so they can hang out with the girls. I have been eyeing these for a while. Just trying to figure out finances.

7. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Well that's great lottsagoats1....I thought I felt your eyes on me. lol.

June

groovyoldlady likes this.
  8. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California

Hi! Me again. I have a black medium apron in my shopping cart! I see a spot for a coupon code & was hoping I could get one. I'm a big proponent of natural herds & buck aprons, & have already directed one person to your website!

Many folks have never heard of buck aprons, but they've been using them in Africa forever, where they are known as "olors" or goat condoms. Thanks for making this great product available & raising awareness!! I'm sure many bucks will be thanking you-while wondering why things don't seem to be "working" down there! My guy never seemed to figure it out--the only reason the home made aprons came off was from scratching along the fence, not because he ever realized it was getting in the way during "intimate moments!"

9. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Hello there, my website is cute but needs work and I'm no expert. I don't know why it keeps wanting a coupon code when I never set one up. Sorry for the confusion. Let me know if you have trouble checking out. Remember for a limited time you get free shipping.

I had one on my buck for a year just to see how well it would hold up. He is a big fence scratcher. I ended up making him another just recently because I just couldn't get the old one clean enough. I make these out of military grade straps and buckles. As long as your guy has a slight curvature and a little to big belly, it shouldn't come off. The only ones I've seen it not work on are the silly buggers that are shaped like the Indian goats. Thick sides in front and narrow belly and hips. They're a little odd looking. Only had 2 goats out of 300 that I've sold shaped that way.

10. lottsagoats1

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    Will the large fit a full grown Lamancha buck?

11. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Yes, it should. Here's the picture with instructions on how to measure. The large dimensions are:

Strap adjustable from 25" to 56"
    Bottom width: 14-1/2"
    Length: 13-1/2"

Attached Files:

12. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    They look wonderful! I'm gonna order one after it stops raining and I can get a couple measurements...(yuk)

13. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Excellent!!!! It does rain a lot in Washington.

14. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Is there one that would be small enough for Nigerian Dwarf bucklings? I'd like to keep my intact boys on their moms longer, but sometimes they have to be separated as early as 6 or 7 weeks because of how fast they sexually mature.

15. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    I do have an unofficial xsmall size 8" long x 6.5" wide with a 25" strap. I have sold several of these with no complaints. I would have to send you an invoice through paypal for that one. Haven't put it up on the website yet. For now the xsmall would be $20 with limited time free shipping.

16. lottsagoats1

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    I'll get my Mancha measured this week. I want him away form the other 2 bucks, since they pick on him terribly.

17. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    Hmmm...Sam never has much of a belly despite being a total glutton. His heart girth is 34" but I want to get his belly measurement just in front of his "manhood" & consult with you before ordering. I'm hoping this wasn't the cause of the previous failures! Though I did make the last one out of a dog walking harness with a neck to chest strap. There's a photo of him wearing it in an old thread here called Building a Goat Bridge or something like that. I'll see if I can manage to post any photos of him now, though I don't think he has an apron on in any of them. Maybe you can tell if he's shaped wrong by that?

Attached Files:

18. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    That's him from the back in the second 2 photos. Sorry he looks a little scruffy there! He looks better now that he will eat his minerals.

19. Junipurr

Junipurr Member

Jun 18, 2016
    He looks like he has curvature. It really doesn't take much and he's definitely not shaped like the Indian goats. You may have to adjust a little snugger on him and don't put him in with the does until you know for sure it will work, and do not fret if it doesn't work you will get a complete refund. I stand behind everything I make.

20. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Sorry, one more question! Have they been used on Pygmy or Nigerian Dwarf bucklings under 8 weeks?