The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally purchased my first buck! No more trailering the girls for their dates. He is 6 months old and is a healthy Nubian. My girls are 2 Nubians and 1 lamancha. Ages are 6 m, 6m, and 2 yrs. they are not housed together. I have noticed my lamancha has been in heat, however, my buck acts like he is a wether. No interest whatsoever. Is this normal?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Sometimes it takes a while for the bucks to be bucky. Also, he is probably adjusting to his new home, too.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Well, as long as he didn't turn tail and run from your does you are probably ok. :laugh: I actually had a buck do that. He finally got it figured out, but the girls kidded 2 months later than they should have. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I rarely see my bucks actually servicing my does but they all seem to kid within 2-3 weeks of him being turned in with them. I have decided they are either shy or they don't want to abuse my delicate sensibilities. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
59,251 Posts
He is young yet. It seems like 8-10 months old seems to be the time when you can count on them being more "bucky". Plus you aren't quite in the season yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts