The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have 2 kinder does, one is pregnant the other is in milk, and I believe she is in heat.... I also have them with 2 Nubian/Lamancha does and a 2 and a half month old oberhasli buckling. Just incase the little buckling is able to breed, which isn't likely yet, since he isn't showing any signs of well discovering himself yet. Since oberhasli's are seasonal breeders, and kinders are year around breeders, would my kinder doe in heat bring my buckling into rut early? I'm thinking its not likely, but thought I would ask. I'm planning to have him with the girls up until July 2nd, then he will have to have to go with the boys up front. First "play" date with the boys today didn't go so great, but with time I think he'll be accepted. I do have my kinder buck with the boys and he's going nuts, I think he smelled Patti on me...., that is another reason why I think she is in heat.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I think that most bucks will "perform" anytime...seasonal or not...they might not be "gung ho" about it...but given the opportunity I think most bucks will take it (that is why I had cashmere kids born in Sept). The little guy is probably too young yet...and maybe a little too short...lol.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that most bucks will "perform" anytime...seasonal or not...they might not be "gung ho" about it...but given the opportunity I think most bucks will take it (that is why I had cashmere kids born in Sept). The little guy is probably too young yet...and maybe a little too short...lol.
Thanks! That's the thing he isn't too short:( He's probably an inch shorter than my kinders, as kinders are a small breed. I don't honestly think he can do the job yet but I will need him accustom to the boys pen soon then:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts