Buck Conformation

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KW Farms, Nov 16, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Any good websites for showing how a nigerian dwarf buck should look conformationally wise?? I just had someone email me who is looking for nigerian dwarf buck standards...looked all over and can't seem to find anything. :shrug:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I do believe the standard is the same as for does just remove the udder and allow for an extra inch for withers

3. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Is there a website that shows this of doe or buck conformation for newbies or talks about it?

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Basically the same as for does. While bucks should still be refined it is desirable for them to have a look of masculinity about them. . . we don't want feminine looking bucks. ;)

I got a book from the library on dairy goat conformation. It is now out of print and super expensive. It is called the Illustrated Standard of the Dairy Goat by Nancy Lee Owen. An awesome book that I really recommend. It shows the desirable conformation of dairy goats, dairy goats with moderate to minor faults and explains things very simply. I learned so much more about udder attachment from this book than from anywhere else.

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's perfect!! Thanks! I'm going to forward that link to him!