The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So out new buck constantly sniffs ; he doesn't have a temperature , his nose has discharge but it's mostly clear or a little cloudy after eating and it's food colored .

Do any of your bucks do the constant sniffing ? He's new so I'm keeping an eye on it to make sure it isn't pneumonia. Since he doesn't have a fever I'm not too concerned , but I'm also not familiar with bucks so this may be normal .

I have a video but the file says it's too large . If your interested in seeing it, post your email!

·
14,760 Posts
It's really hard to say, Could be nothing to worry about, Could be allergies? it's hard to say without seeing him IMO. A video of him doing it would possibly help. Do you have youtube? You could upload your video to youtube grab the link and share it.

How long have you had him? Is he acting perfectly normal otherwise?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's really hard to say, Could be nothing to worry about, Could be allergies? it's hard to say without seeing him IMO. A video of him doing it would possibly help. Do you have youtube? You could upload your video to youtube grab the link and share it.

How long have you had him? Is he acting perfectly normal otherwise?
I sadly don't have a YouTube. I've had him since December 24th. He's otherwise acting perfectly normal , energetic and sweet

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
I agree with Garlic and Vit C. DOes he have thick snot? I had a buck with constant thick white snot, turns out Vit A Deficiency can cause that and respiratory things. He does also have a really big roman nose. But I gave him a couple of doses and no more snotty nose.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with Garlic and Vit C. DOes he have thick snot? I had a buck with constant thick white snot, turns out Vit A Deficiency can cause that and respiratory things. He does also have a really big roman nose. But I gave him a couple of doses and no more snotty nose.
How much of each per dose did you give ?

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,396 Posts
500mg to 1000 mg of vitamin c. Get the human chewables. I'd probably give two cloves of garlic daily, one clove if your cloves are very large. Raw and very fresh. Well chewed or crushed. Let me know if you need ideas on how to feed.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
Of the Vit A...I used the A, D, E, B12 gel and he had 2-3 daily doses and that was it.

For garlic I give 1-3 cloves (depending on level of sickness) daily and 1000-2000 of vitamin c tablets. I use the ones for human and mine are 1000mg. I give one or two, maybe one twice a day. Again, depends on level of sickness and response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts