Buck Hair

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by AlaskaBoers, May 14, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hi, I have a boer show buck that is shedding, and losing lots of hair on his scrotchum (spelling?), back of front legs, and ears. is this just from the buck pee from rut? --(he is free of lice, mange, worms etc.) should i just give him a bath?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say it's from him spraying, my pygmy does the same thing...a good wash of the areas and a coating of vaseline or even bag balm will help repel the p and keep his skin from drying out. :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Thanks, i'll get that done today.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I agree with Liz, I bet it is from spraying that is causing the hair loss on his front legs, mine do tit during breeding season and it is so bad sometime that his legs bleed. Now on the Scrotum I have seen that before, matter of fact, I do not think my adult boys have anything but fuz on his, but my baby does. As for the ears, I am having the same problem on some of mine.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, if anyone has any info on the ears or scrotum hair loss, i'd like tp hear how to treat it. thanks!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ya know, I have "short boys" and I just figured that the bottom of the scrotum being bald was because they hit the bench when they would jump up on it...Hank's a pygmy and 4 years old and Chiefs a Nigerian and just over a year..the only boy I have that is fully fuzzed is Teddy..ND/Pygmy and he's just turned 3 months old...maybe it comes with age :shrug:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    whats the best shampoo for tough urine stains, i have white and brite. but i havent tried it yet.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Dawn dishsoap with baking soda, vinegar and peroxide should work well :)

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was thinking Dawn...but wasn't real sure of using it on the buck...I know it works great for getting the buck smell off of ME! :slapfloor:

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I know, during the fall, I actually keep a bottle of Dawn in the shower :lol: