The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the fainting buck I am using this year to breed my doe Izzy and he seems to be buggin her a lot. It's got to the point where she faints trying to get away. I did feel bad for her so we separated him from her but they are still in the same pen. My question is will she go into a noticeable heat and I can let rampage out? Or should I leave them separated for now but then let them run in a couple days?

·
Super Moderator
58,921 Posts
You can behavior test her daily. Put them together and see what she does. When she is in heat, she will let him breed her.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its should be pretty noticeable when she in heat he'll want over there really bad u can always reduce the pen size so she's not running around so much maybe less stress

·
14,760 Posts
Sometimes when the bucks harass them like that, it helps bring them into heat more quickly. I didn't really believe it until last year when the buck we had started harassing the girls. This year too. The buck we currently have only messed with the girls he knew he hadn't bred yet. He'd 'test' them a few times a day by bothering them.
It's when they become abusive that you really have to draw the line.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We'll we let rampage out with izzy and it didn't work... He was trying to bite her sides which I think is normal... But it was causing her to faint which he then would keep at her. If she tried going in the dog house just big enough for one he would ram himself inside to get her. This is rampage. image-363480461.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
My buck did this too. He had 3 girls to harass. I thought he was bothering them too much but he got them bred then settled down and is nice now. Must be normal behaviour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts