The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kiko buck is hard to catch and a double handful when you do. This pass evening I caught his horns and held on until he settled. I had my helper come over and hold his horns while I rubbed him all over. Above his left leg toward the front where his leg attaches is a small oblong egg shape lump about 1/2” in diameter by 3/4” long. It is not attached to the meat. He has never been tested for CL. I pray this could be some simple. It did not appear to be hard but squishy. Can I pull a sample from this with a large 16 or 14 gauge needle for testing? I’m told to lance it and mash all of it out and fill it with iodine. What’s your thoughts please. I have had one put down because of CL and don’t think any thing ever burst on my property. I have had lumps before that went away and never came back on some other goats from time to time.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Make sure its ripe otherwise may not get much at all. Once its soft in the center..its ready and can either Lance and collect or draw some out. Since he's a handful...I would just do the lancing and flush it well ...may keep him penned until you get it cleared up.

Reactions: MadHouse
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.