The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, during our move it seems my Nubian buck managed to hurt his knee. It looks awful but doesn't seem to bother him when he walks or jumps on the fence at all!!! Wondering if you all have any suggestions to get the swelling down. I've tried anti inflammatories, hose with cool water(which he hates) and some peppermint oil mixed with an udder balm...
IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
if that fluid filled or hard? Is the swelling moveable or stationary? Has he been CAE tested? How long has it been swollen?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It feels pretty pliable.. whole herd has been tested for CAE and is negative and closed. We are going on maybe two weeks for the swelling... I can’t find any cuts or punctures

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
Ice may help with the swelling. How old is he? Any fever? Does the swelling feel hot to the touch. Does he seem bothered if you touch and mash on it? If he pulled/stretched a ligament it will take along time to heal. Lemongrass EO is great for that.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ice may help with the swelling. How old is he? Any fever? Does the swelling feel hot to the touch. Does he seem bothered if you touch and mash on it? If he pulled/stretched a ligament it will take along time to heal. Lemongrass EO is great for that.
He is about 7 years old, no fever, it doesn't feel hot to touch it, but it does bother him if I mash on it or pour water on it. Thank you so much for your help:) I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
Dr Christophers BF&C is an herb blend that may help support him as he heals. Lemongrass Ess. oil will offer both healing of tendons and inflammation support.
neither will hurt if other stuff is going on. Icing 3-4 times a day. If it does not clear up you may need to have a culture of the fluid to see whats going on.

Reactions: daisysmaid
1 - 12 of 12 Posts