The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kiko Male-5 years old-who went into Rut at the end of May. He was with his herd of females, their babies, and 2 other yearling bucks since March. The females all kidded in February, and I was surprised he went into rut. I separated him with the 2 other bucks to the other side of the property, thinking it would make the rut go away, and it doesn't seem to be working, he is still scenting himself. I had 5 boys born and they are still with their moms, is that making him feel competitive? Should I move them out and put them down with him?

I have kiko/savannah and French alpine females. I know the French alpine won't breed until the fall, but will the kiko/savannah's go into heat if I put him back in with them? I would like him and the 2 bucks to be able to be with the group and pasture them together, but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My boer bucks are in rutt now too for some odd reason none of the does look like they are in heat. I just noticed today since they are on range... tongues out and everything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts