The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I always said it wouldn't happen to me...I know it's stupid to think that. Well now it has. I always said my buck wouldn't break out and get with the does without my knowing. Well guess what happened??

For a little background, we have a goat loafing area that has 3/4 set aside for the does and 1/4 set aside for our buck and wether. It is separated by large heavy duty boards and a gate with a horse stall latch on the bucks side. I always thought that latch was pretty goat-proof, well I was wrong!

This past Sunday my husband and I went to milk, we saw an empty doe pen! We were both worried and thought something happened. Well we saw all our does visiting with our buck! The little Einstein figured out how to open the latch and invited all the ladies to come see his side of the pen!! He has to lift the latch, keep it lifted and slide it over. I couldn't believe he figured that out!

After the does said their goodbyes and thanked their gracious host my husband promptly put another, different kind of latch on the top part of the door. Sigh* I guess pregnancy tests are in my does future! It looks like he got 2 of them for sure. ‍♂
IMG_8029.JPG

IMG_8030.JPG
IMG_8032.JPG

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
What a gracious little man to open the door for the ladies.....who said chivalry was dead!
Exactly what I was thinking! Did not invade the ladies territory, gentleman like, asked them in to his side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts