The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched through the archives of threads to find an answer to my question, but I wasn't able to find much, so I thought I would ask. When a buck rubs his head on your leg, what is he trying to say? Affection, dominance, an itch? Our buck was rubbing on me today and it didn't seem aggressive, but I wasn't sure. What are your thoughts?

·
14,615 Posts
Anybody rubbing on my legs is not allowed. Your body is YOUR space. He needs to respect that.
Bring a water bottle out & squirt him in the face after a firm "NO!"

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My buck would rub on me then do his little lip smacking thing.....it was worse when it was "that time of the month" for me so be careful.....he may be trying to say more! Needless to say I didn't like it at all and really had to stay away from him. Sorry if that was TMI but I didn't know how else to say it! Lol

44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nancy D., Ksalvagno, Still and Goat Crazy,

Thank you for your kind help, I am always appreciative of the assistance I receive here. And yes, I did smell bad when I got into the house. :)

I will just take the spray bottle with me from now on when I am with the goats, just in case it happens again. :)

Still -- I appreciate your insight and I believe you said it tastefully. :)

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Yeah head rubbing can lead to something more and honestly I'm not the type of person that wants to be fancied in that manor by a buck. I found out the hard way with a stallion you have to be careful about what you let them get away with or you might find yourself knocked to the ground seeing the wrong side of them lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts