The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we recently purchased a beautiful buck from a well known nigerian farm. we love him to death, but when we have a doe in heat, he sings! i think he thinks hes sinatra. his song is a cross between indian love call and franks dobe dobe do. it is the hysterical thing you ever heard. first time i heard it i thought a crazy man had escaoped from they local institution for those with mental health issues (trying to be politically correct). anybody else heard goat song?:cool::cool::whatgoat:

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,019 Posts
Hahahaha! Mine sings sometimes. When he's mad, he trumpets, like a very frustrated person saying "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" It is weird for sure!

·
1,524 Posts
I had a Nigerian buck that sounded just like Bruce Lee and his karate yell waaaAAAAA! The neighbors all thought the same thing.

I had a Nubian buck that honked like a goose. Rather embarrassing to say the least.

The Nubian buck I have now can say my name "Debby, Debby" and asks for MORE when I tell him he just ate. Ok, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Maybe I have been alone with the animals far too long!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a Nigerian buck that sounded just like Bruce Lee and his karate yell waaaAAAAA! The neighbors all thought the same thing.

I had a Nubian buck that honked like a goose. Rather embarrassing to say the least.

The Nubian buck I have now can say my name "Debby, Debby" and asks for MORE when I tell him he just ate. Ok, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Maybe I have been alone with the animals far too long!
maybe he's singing debby, debby, do:D

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I had a buck last year who was very silent and then one who was very loud. lol They do sometimes sound like they are singing. What I really like is when my bull whistles. Sounds almost like a bull elk.

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
I don't have a buck, but one of our Nubian does sounds like a lion roaring when she wants dinner. Like right now...:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts