The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Goat Lover
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the obvious, physical differences between bucks and wethers what are the personality differences between them. I have never had a wether before, only bucks, but now I have a wether. I just wanted to know what some of the major differences are from personal experiences? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
59,770 Posts
I really didn't find a true difference with my bucks or my wether as far as personalities. They were all sweet boys. Of course during rut the bucks are a pain. Plus the bucks stink and the wether never did.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Bucks are a bit more roudy. All the bucks I met were wonderful chaps, but they are harder to lead, more in your face, and pee EVERYWHERE, ick. :laugh: They can be gross, but that doesn't stop me from loving my bucky boys, they are just a handful and need a firm hand.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My bucks definitely aren't very loving haha and they are sometimes a pain especially during feeding time! Wethers are very calm and mellow and love attention!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I'd say there shouldn't be much of a difference in miniature breeds, but standards are a whole new ball game. Our Nubian buck is far more pushy, wild, and uncontrollable than our Nubian wether. Of course, with time and training you could make almost all goats more docile. We haven't with him because, well, he's a buck... not a pet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts