The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out this morning to feed and noticed that my buck has a huge, swollen bump above his eye and his eye is all red. He is in with his wether buddy, and I'm wondering if they got into a fight. Anyway, not sure what to do. Should I put ice on him till the swelling goes down? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Did he get stung or bitten by a bug or bee? How is the eye itself? Any fluid or pus coming from the lump? Any sign of cut/ abrasion that may be infected?

A picture would be very helpful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Julie, I don't think so but I guess it could be a possibility. The eye seems ok, just red around it. He can still see out of it. No pus or fluid is coming out of the bump and no cut or abrasion. He was totally fine yesterday. I will try and get a picture if I can.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I agree, check him over really well and make sure there is noting in it. poor baby.

·
Registered
31,044 Posts
what color is the puss??
could use warm compresses to see if it wont open up to be cleaned...I agree with Pam, if it needs lancing better a vet does it..but if it opens up well enough to clean it out without cutting it I would try..once its clean Neosporin is ok to use around the eye..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you both so much for asking. :) so far so good! Hardly any pus coming out and the swelling has gone down. Will keep ya posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts