The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a friend stop by who wanted some advice on what to do. I have never had a goat get into any kind of feed an over eat. So I wasn't sure on what advice to give them.

They said the buckling had scours bad an wouldn't eat or get up. They said they had been giving him Pepto. I gave them some B12 to see if that would get his energy back to eat. Told them to give him some MOM, they didn't seem like they wanted to give that cause he already has the scours an I told then it would get the toxins out of his body. So I gave them some scour halt also to give to him. Also said he needed electrolytes. If they could get some C&D antitoxin that wouldn't hurt him either. Plus some probiotics would do him some good.

Not sure how good that advice was? What should be done when your goat over eats an goes down? Thanks.

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think about mineral oil an baking soda, though I should have I know that baking soda helps with upset stomachs.

When I call them to check up on him I will mention that to them. Is that mixture equal parts Pam?

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
You gave good advice : ) If they cant get cd antitoxin then Milk of Magnesia as mentioned, will help bind the toxin building in his gut do to the rumen slowing down...

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
awe..poor guy. :( you did your best to get good info to her..

·
Banned
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im thinking that since he was already down there wasn't much that was gonna bring him back. I did mention to them that if they need help with anything else with their goats to please contact me as soon as they see something off with their goats so we can try to fix it before they go down. Its so hard to bring one back after that. Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts