The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For my littke ones..with raspy voice, runny nose, and no temp. I use Chidrens Robitussim ..i give 2 cc per 10 lbs. With that I also give 1cc red cell. ( vit.s & Iron.) I also make sure they stay warm., to prevent pnuemonuia. If the sinuses start running, I use a baby ball suringe, suck out the nose.. Then apply VetRx to each nostril. Usually after 2 days with meds given 2 xs dailey. I usually have a well.baby. Hope this helps.
Thank you, I will try this if this happens again. I'd never think to use Robirussin. Great idea!!!
He has perked up significantly. He was hopping around last night, still has a little bit of a raspy voice, but he has really turned around. Our weather says warm and sunny the next few days. I told my hubby if we have temps in the 70's I'll turn the heat lamp off in the day but back on at night until we know he's over this.

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Well, he's hanging in there with me. He's been in with his mom and siblings since I got rid of his shivers. His mom has triplets and they have made sore sores on her nipples. Massaged them with coconut oil yesterday and hubby is bringing home some bag balm. I don't think she's letting the lil guy nurse much, so I'm doing 3 x a day 11 ounces. Hoping as we heal up get nips she will let him nurse more. Poor mama and poor baby!

My husband delivered a breech calf last night just before 11pm. Gotta love YouTube! He had never done it before. Momma and baby girl look good and seem ok.

No temp.
But did you take it? Or just feel like he does not feel hot to you?
If the dam already has sores on her teats and he is used to a bottle i would just make him a bb.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
But did you take it? Or just feel like he does not feel hot to you?
If the dam already has sores on her teats and he is used to a bottle i would just make him a bb.
Yes ma'am I took his temperature with a thermometer.
He's doing fine with his mom and siblings. I'm just monitoring them closely. Trying to avoid him being a bottle baby if I can. I have a 3 1/2 yr old that already demands most of my attention, but I'll do it if I have to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would give him some banamine or something we gave one of our does banamine when she was in shock but she was already in a lot of pain. I'm not good at math but a 50 pound goat you would give 1/2 cc. Also is he foaming at the mouth.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I would give him some banamine or something we gave one of our does banamine when she was in shock but she was already in a lot of pain. I'm not good at math but a 50 pound goat you would give 1/2 cc. Also is he foaming at the mouth.
No froth. I think he's out of the woods now. Monday night and Tuesday I was pretty worried about him. His raspy breathing is clearing up. He's got energy and is playing with his siblings. I'll def write that down in case there's ever a next time. Thank you

21 - 29 of 29 Posts