The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little guy is 2.5 weeks old and disbudded ~10 days ago. Unlike his twin, his horn sites seem to be "rounded up" under the scabs (one has just fallen off). I did not do his disbudding (he was done before I got him) but I have an iron. Does this look like he should get re-burned? I have not disbudded anyone myself yet. After disappointing results from having the vet do the disbudding of my babies this spring, I bought an iron to do it myself with the next round of babies.

Thanks!
E9764222-D475-488F-A262-42DE63AF9C70.jpeg

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
Yes..a reburn is needed.but please give a shot of banamin for pain and a tetanus antitoxin before burning.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He did great! Luckily my vet was willing to give me Banamine (thank you Covid - normally they don't). He did great - didn't even cry much with the burn (maybe still dead nerves from first one?). I'd love feedback, as this is my first. I checked for intact copper ring around each, but not sure you have full view here he really didn't want to hold still for another pic!
88EBC8EE-49DF-4644-BD77-57F331A9ED4A.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
58,929 Posts
I think I see a copper ring but not positive. Disbudding is one of the least favorite things to do but it looks like you did a good job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts