Buckling Prospects

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Oct 3, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    So, as most of you know, we are looking at some breedings for a possible buckling next year. . . . I glanced at this buckling from Camanna but didn't really pay much attention as I wanted to add some different bloodlines by purchasing one from Poppy Patch. But. . . . he looks nice, his dam won Best of Breed, Grand Champion Senior Doe, and Best Udder at the Oregon State Fair this year. Anna has nothing but good things to say about her and. . . . . this is really sweet. . . . he is both blue-eyed and polled, not important, I know, I know, but still really nice, right??!! ;)

So, I just emailed Anna about him. Asked a bit about his conformation and such. He's very decently priced. She also has a doe kid from Mercedes available. . . . a half-sister to Claribelle, but I shouldn't do that. . . . :roll:

Delilah, his dam is on Does - page 3 of her website. What do u guys think?? Should I??

http://www.camanna.com

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, he is pictured on the "New Arrivals" page of her site. The bottom right pic of Delilah's quints.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    he is adorable! I had the one in the center reserved, but it turned out my dad didn't want to go to OR. We went to Seattle, Wa, instead.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, it's quite a drive, even for us. Usually Anna is nice enough to meet us in Corvallis, which is only like an hour from the farm. So, you had that one reserved? Anna just emailed me back (that was fast!) she said she'd look him over this weekend and get back to me more on his conformation.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, he is stunning!!! I like they way they photograph, what do they use as a backdrop?

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I like the way she photographs too. I don't know how she gets them to hold still and so perfectly! I think she uses a sheet for the background.

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yesm, she has them trained for show at just days old! I should do that, does on red, bucks on green, our herd colors.

so, are you planning on purchasing him, he is beautiful, and for three hundred, i would buy him before someone else does!

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I know he's an excellent deal!! I want to wait and see what Anna says about his conformation. We need to improve levelness in the rump and just about everything "udders". I can't tell if Delilah has a really nice foreudder or not, any thoughts on her anyone???

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, she won "best udder" and what "supreme doe (?)" so I think it's safe to say shes pretty good. Beautiful doe!

10. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I haven't seen her foreudder yet, but she is one of my favorite does from Camanna, I think next fall I'll put a reservation on a doe kid from Blue Porshe and ship it in.

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Well, the only thing that makes me worry is that she freshened only a couple weeks before State fair. . . . she was probably competing against a bunch of does who freshened in the spring and whose production would naturally have tapered off some. So, that's what makes me skeptical. Also, before Anna updated Delilah's info, she said her udder attachment was not perfect but not bad. . . .

Still haven't heard back from Anna. . . . :sigh:

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Talitha: Blue Porsche is really nice! I've seen her in person and she is one of my favorite does. I have a maternal half-sister, Claribelle, looks like she'll freshen w/ a really nice udder! I also have her late sire's littermate sister, Sarai. Sarai is really nice (rump could be more level tho) she has lots of milk and is difficult to dry up.

13. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I see, the photo of the side of her udder does show maybe a weaker foreudder attatchment. I understand your dilemma...

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I thought so too. . . . I wonder if Anna took any updated udder pics.

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I see what you guys mean . . . but she does have nice rear udder attachement, and is generally all around beautifully conformed. But that's just my opinion. :shrug:

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, that's very true Talitha. . . . a lot of our does excell in general appearance but udders could stand for more improvement.

How many of you would purchase him, if you could?? Just curious.

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Nope. Can't add any bucks right now!!!! LOL

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    if it was me.. i wouldn't get him. i'm constantly looking for height in the rear udder, a lot of does lack that. and yes i say her fore attachments could be alot better

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Thanks!! That's all I needed to hear! ;) I think we should just stick w/ Poppy Patch in the spring. . . .

20. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i agree that she could definatly use some imporvement in the foreudder...however i really like molly and tasonni. I saw both of them at the oregon state fair. Anna was stalled near me. and molly was the one that first caugfht my eye. I then got to show her she was so nice and calm to handle.
    beth