Buckling question

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Aug 11, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How old do bucklings typically start acting "bucky"??

My little Turner turned 2 weeks today and the last couple days (ok - ever since he met Flopsy) he has been a little ball of buck hormones!!! LOL! I can't keep him off of poor flopsy and she is only a week old!

Just thought that I would ask!

Allison

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh that's completely normal. My little bucks will start that up at about a week or two old. It's really quite funny! Poor little Flopsy though...just doesn't know what to think of it. BTW...They both are looking really good!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I think that Turner is NOT going anywhere. He is a doll and I really do like him. He is doing so well with letting me minipulate his legs when he is standing and what not. I am really hoping that he will be "show" quality for me!

Flopsy, well that is Norm's girl - one of the babies finally caught his eye! LOL!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My little guys start that at a week or so old...sometimes as soon as they have their bellies full...it is comical though!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's good,,,I was hoping you'd keep him...he's a doll!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I love the little guy! Yah totaly normal though, drives me nuts how they chase after the little girls though :roll:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Aww, they're both so sweet looking. :love:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hahaha I've had bucklings born making bucky noises less than a couple hours old. Going through the motions and blubbering at just a week or more. They are funny for sure!

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Same here. . . . I've had them do that when they were just born. :D

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    He is adorable.
    I have had one that was really aggressive at two weeks and some that were totally unconcerned at 4 months. They vary a lot.

11. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    They do vary, but I've found the minis tend to do it early! When my youngest buck, Mighty, was born, he was blubbering and "flirting" with my hand while I waited for his twin to be born, so I'd say anywhere from birth on!