The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 5 month old Nubian buckling. He was recently wormed and is UTD on all shots. Has not been exposed to goats outside of the owners herd (all are healthy).

He is alert, calls to you when he sees you and has normal eyelids and gums. The poop is cow paddy like, greenish brown with no noticeable smell. I saw no other goats with similar problems. He only pooped after I got him home. No discharge either, just coughed once. We do have cedar trees.

His eyes are clear, no discharge and his breathing is clear and normal (no rattles/wet sounds).

He was being weaned and was still with the mother when I got him.

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
sounds dietary....the change of feed/hay/graze plus the stress of moving to a new home...I would give him a bit of Probios. I always worm new goats and goats going to new homes...the stress can weaken their immune system and open the door way for worm load to increase, So I would worm him also...if it turns watery then Give him some pepto, cd antitoxin and treat for cocci...

Fecals are always best if you can ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds dietary....the change of feed/hay/graze plus the stress of moving to a new home...I would give him a bit of Probios. I always worm new goats and goats going to new homes...the stress can weaken their immune system and open the door way for worm load to increase, So I would worm him also...if it turns watery then Give him some pepto, cd antitoxin and treat for cocci...

Fecals are always best if you can ;)
I have an appointment with the vet for 2:00 to do the fecals and do a health check. I gave him some probios (thanks) last night and he seems better today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts