The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Ya obviously not.
Some of my parents friends said that they were walking in their yard and they started getting water droplets on them. Then they realized it was the buck.
Owwww ... :haha:
Heck if it makes people stay away I'm going to rub it all over me!!!!!
You will get lots of does around you! :)

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
I was in a store once. I was in line a few people back from the cashier. And she said, " who has a buck?". I thought she meant a dollar bill. But then she said, "who has a male goat?" Apparently I smelled enough that it could be smelled several feet away. I'll never forget that. I also made sure to shower before going anywhere after that because I had changed my clothes.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I was in a store once. I was in line a few people back from the cashier. And she said, " who has a buck?". I thought she meant a dollar bill. But then she said, "who has a male goat?" Apparently I smelled enough that it could be smelled several feet away. I'll never forget that. I also made sure to shower before going anywhere after that because I had changed my clothes.
Oh yes, we who know the smell do recognize it! :) And it gets in the hair as well ... :p

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Lol, you dot want it to get down your boots, or on your shirt and pants either! When i first got a buck i was petting him and he was standing on the fence and he peed all over me (rofl)

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Remember, it is also the scent put out by the scent glands, not just the urine being sprayed.

I agree that some bucks have a stronger perfume than others do. Also how humans perceive it varies from person to person. The same buck can be nauseatingly repulsive to one person, and only mildly unpleasant to another at the same moment. Stink is subjective.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
I dont think they smell bad... just musky. But i grew up around farm animals and that is just how they smell to me. I am notorious for puttin my sniffer against my girls side while i am milkin just to smell them. Maybe weird but it is what it is and it is comfortin to me some days. All three of our boys smell different to me. And nope i am so not gonna put my sniffer against them lol! It is the way their coat feels that i cannot do. I am a tactile flunkie and buck nasties is a nope for me nope nope nope. Until they stop makin their cologne and are nice n soft again all they get are across the topline rubs from me. Maybe behind an ear.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
(console)(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts