The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I wanna talk about bucks and I would love to see and her about yours! From the eye color & behaver to well just anything about him!

Ill put some stuff about my bucks here

()

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
This is my buck:
He is quite a bit bigger now! Attitude's are the worst in a buck since they are big and can hurt you. If your buck ever starts showing bad behavior it's best to train them right away before they hurt you. I have read many good outcomes when the owner uses water. Example: If your buck comes up to you and rams you you squirt him with water and say NO.
Dog Rectangle Carnivore Dog breed Font

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my buck:
He is quite a bit bigger now! Attitude's are the worst in a buck since they are big and can hurt you. If your buck ever starts showing bad behavior it's best to train them right away before they hurt you. I have read many good outcomes when the owner uses water. Example: If your buck comes up to you and rams you you squirt him with water and say NO.
View attachment 206134
I had a Nubian/Boer buck a few years ago and was like that lol I used a water spray bottle and that worked great! Also your boy is so pretty!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is my buck:
View attachment 206134
Thanks for sharing that! Although he might still ram into me anyway. My buck has been getting more and more aggressive it’s getting scary. I hope I can fix it...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing that! Although he might still ram into me anyway. My buck has been getting more and more aggressive it’s getting scary. I hope I can fix it...
If he acts like hes going to hit you just pinch his nose (the part right above his lip) and stomp your foot. I have done that and now all I have to do to get my boys to back off is stomp my foot! Its a great way to make them behave!!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Over a year now. I love them! I never knew goats were so amazing before we got them.😊
I don't know how good you know your buck or bucks but I know mine REALLY well. And i know the noises they make and i know how to tell them back off in goat language lol do you?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know how good you know your buck or bucks but I know mine REALLY well. And i know the noises they make and i know how to tell them back off in goat language lol do you?
I do know my buck. As long as I go into the pen with some alfalfa pellets in my hand or leaves, he’ll leave me alone. BUT, if I go in with the rake to clean out his sleeping area, he goes crazy over it! It’s hilarious! He’ll get up on his hind legs to reach the top of the handle to chew on it or rub his head on it.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do know my buck. As long as I go into the pen with some alfalfa pellets in my hand or leaves, he’ll leave me alone. BUT, if I go in with the rake to clean out his sleeping area, he goes crazy over it! It’s hilarious! He’ll get up on his hind legs to reach the top of the handle to chew on it or rub his head on it.
Lol thats funny

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 43 Posts